Friday, February 09, 2007

things to read



The good thing about holidays is that I get to read things which have nothing to do with work.



Where we are now doesn't really have a library (sometimes I do miss Bilkent)

Some kind soul at work lent me a Terry Pratchett, but could not get into it and I have finished the one that Santa sent (Bill Bryson!!) I read an Ian Ranking last week, leaving me terribly homesick but when I get a few more pennies I will be getting a couple more from the bookshop. The wonderful Fleshmarket Close is called Fleshmarket Alley abroad! Do we have to talk about Lake Ness, too, to be understood?! In the meanwhile I've started something which the Bumpa left behind: Persian Fire by Tom Holland, so far so good.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Erm, you've gone a bit quiet dear cousin, is everything ok?